Been looking for this metadata update info for a long time

Found it for helping me with the icecast customization. Instead of fumbling around with xsl and it’s notation, I can maybe write my own service to read in the metadata from the currently playing file, and update icecast’s broadcast metadata that way.   src:¬†http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/admin-interface.html#metadata-update   The Project’s Kanban Board https://github.com/jackpetraitis/thrillhouseradio/projects/1

Read More

Putting a CORS problem to bed

That feel you get when you’ve researched the same thing over and over again. That cold sinking feeling you get when you search an error message on Google and get those same 3 or 4 purple “BEEN THERE” links on the results page…Today is one of those days. Today I am tackling an Access-Control-Allow-Origin chicken…

Read More

Huge improvements in Chrome 59 update

Developer Tools improvements in Chrome 59 have got me sufficiently geeked out that I think they warrant themselves a blog post. I will cover each of the four features highlighted in the callout above. CSS and JS code coverage Full-page screenshots Block requests Step over async await CSS and JS code coverage Apparently this tool…

Read More

Using gmusicapi for the automatic playlist downloader

I got the gumption to install python on my mac…and homebrew, regrettably…I thought I could go a lot longer without having to install that package manager…Anyway, I installed python, pip, and then gmusicapi using pip. And since then it’s been relatively trivial to extract information from my Google Music account. This should make keeping an…

Read More